Sunday, July 16, 2017

Rats and Baptismal Interviews

Alright, fun fact of the week: A rat tried to pull a loaf of bread out of a hole the size of a quarter, good fact: The members here are awesome, and extremely great fact: 2 of our investigators will be baptized this Saturday! 

Just for a little comic relief for all of you, we have had a rat problem for quite a while and randomly find stuff chewed on. This last week my backpack was the victim. One morning I woke up and was surprised to see the plastic that was holding my bread was sticking out of the side of my backpack with torn pieces of the plastic everywhere. After more examination I realized that the rat chewed a whole the size of a quarter through my backpack tried to pull out the entire loaf of bread, but he failed. 

Now for the good fact, I really love the members here, and I am really grateful for how many great ones we have here. There are several houses that we go to where they always feed us which is great after being really thirsty and hungry after walking for awhile. They are all so friendly and always want to give us food. We never ask they just give it to us! I love the people here and how friendly they are! I really enjoyed too the members that help us out in the work. We got our BML (Rheinz) and a good friend (Jet) to work with us and it was a blast. It's really nice since Jet has a motor with a side car so we don't have to walk. They are just really fun to hang around and we laughed a lot when we were together. But when they want to be spiritual they can really help too. I'm grateful for all the people that work with us.

So greatest fact now: last Saturday 2 of our investigators Mhaye and Jhesamin passed their baptismal interview and came to church on Sunday which means they will be baptized this Saturday! We were so happy after their interviews to see how happy they were, especially Jhesamin. On Wednesday we weren't able to teach her and a couple hours before her interview we asked if she felt she was ready and she felt like she wasn't at all. To be honest we were really worried but we just reviewed anything that was confusing to her until the Zone Leaders showed up. 

After the interview Elder Langeveld told me she was very confident in her interview and knew all the questions. Mhaye was awesome too, and knew she wouldn't have a problem. We are a little sad since Mhaye's cousin Dae shin Keith hasn't been able to come to church due to so many chores at her house, but hopefully next month we she will be able to enter the waters of baptism too!

I'm happy with how the work is going here, and Elder Yranon and I are getting along well. We have no major problems so it's great. We also have a good amount of possible baptisms next month, so we are just going to work hard every day! It is possible that I will be transferred next week. To be honest I would like to stay here another cycle but I would be fine with transferring. 

The zone leaders will be moving apartments next cycle due to opening an area so what I won't be excited for is that we might become a 2 man apartment only. But that's a small sacrifice for a great area with great people. Everything is going fine here, and we still have a lot of work to do! 

I love seeing the joy that this gospel brings to people, and love seeing how many younger people are accepting it so well! Hopefully after much "planting" we'll be able to "harvest" all those great souls soon! Love you all!

Elder Espiritu

**you can email Elder Espiritu at joseph.espiritu@myldsmail.net


Celebrating Sister Ascuncions birthday 





Working with Jet and his transformer 


Jhesamin, Mhaye, Elder Langeveld, and Elder Arangali after interviewing Mhaye and Jhes 



No comments:

Post a Comment