Sunday, July 23, 2017

Baptisms and More Lasts

This week went a little more differently than I expected, but I'm happy with the result. This week we were a little more on the punted side (meaning a lot of our appointments fell through) which was a little on the downside, but that didn't get us down. We still had lots to do and plenty of places we could go. We had lots to prepare for too for the weeks end! 

One of the sad things (but good for him) that happened was that this was Elder Langeveld's last week! I've seen several missionaries go home and it was sad to see another good friend leave. He arrived with me in Claveria so I've gotten to know him pretty well. He was a really obedient and hard working missionary. During our last district meeting, he gave a training about obedience which was great. We've talked a lot about that these past couple months but it was a good refresher! On Saturday night, we had a little going away FHE for him, which was really fun and sentimental. He's really going home with Honor!

As for us, although there was some downsides, this Saturday we were really happy to see Jhesa and Mhaye go down into the waters of baptism! The feeling at a baptism is always so peaceful and happy, and I'm glad I got to see them be baptized. When we first met Mhaye, we were teaching Dae Shin (who happened to be her cousin) so we decided to share with her too. Little did we know how committed and smart she actually was! Once we realized Mhaye really actually did want to be baptized, she referred us to Jhesa, who was a part member but already wanted to go to church before we met her. It's great to see how far they've come, how much they've grown, and how much I've come to treat them as my own sisters! I'm very sad to have to leave again the people I've come to love.

Around 10:16 on Saturday night, I received a message I wasn't really expecting. I'm being transferred again. To be honest I wasn't prepared at all and my mind was pretty set on the fact that I was staying here in Claveria and what I had planned for next cycle. It didn't hit me how much I'd miss this place until I got the text. The fact that I would have to leave again the people I love hit me first, and it wasn't easy to accept. That Sunday was different than I expected, since 4 of the district (including Elder Langeveld) are leaving. Elder Arangali, Elder Langeveld, Sister Latu and I are moving on to different places! We bore our testimony, said goodbye to lots of people, went to some families for dinner who I've really gotten close to, and packed up.

No matter how many times you say goodbye to people you love, it never gets any easier. I am pretty sad too to not be able to be there for Dae Shin Keith or Sister Jhona's baptism, But I know it's what the Lord wants, and I know Elder Yranon and his companion will take good care of them. 

Now I am excited to be able to again help and meet more people here in the Philippines and come to love them too! Now I am being transferred to Vintar, which means I'm going back to Laoag zone, and I can't wait to see what's in store! Although unexpected, I am grateful for the chance to transfer again and am happy with what I did in Claveria. Time to see what the future has in store again! 


Taking a stroll 


Last picture with the Labii family




Last district meeting with the Claveria District 




Bye Bye Elder Langeveld


Last Picture with Rheinz our Branch Mission Leader


Baptism of Jhesamin Rose Balanay Pascua, Mhaye Mendoza Trinidad at Giezler Dalo









The Ramos sisters, Elder Yranon, Elder Arangali, and Sister Latu



Last pictures with Jhesa and Mhaye



No comments:

Post a Comment