Sunday, June 24, 2018

The Last Chapter

This is Elder Espiritu reporting to you here Monday morning here in Cabugao, Ilocos Sur, Philppines. How are you all today? Me? Just getting ready for life. I'm starting to experience a couple of last things here, such as the last zone conference with President and Sister Andrada, my last cycle, my last area and my last companion.

It started out as a normal week. We went out, we worked, we found some people to teach and we taught others. It was like that until WednesdayThursday we woke up at 5 AM, and headed out the door around 6:10 to catch a bus going to Laoag. Got there around 8, ate a little bit of McDonalds and headed to the church for President and Sister Andrada's very last zone conference in their 3 years. 

It was a little shorter than other ones, but just as good. We focused on the qualities of good investigators and the importance of using family history (which I can improve on). It was fun to be one of the last people that they got to teach. That ended around 1:30. We listened to several other missionaries give their last testimonies (including 2 from my batch who are getting released early). We then had lunch and then at 2 we had another program.

The other program was all the zones doing performances for President and Sister Andrada. We had lots of people sing, a couple of zones dance, and all the Pacific Islanders do a haka for them. It was loads of fun and definitely memorable. I know that they enjoyed it. I sure did. It's sad to see them off, and I was lucky to be with them for almost 2 years. 

So the rest of the week Elder Cabasal and I spent working hard trying to get people to come closer to Christ. Little did I know this was actually my last week with him. We both came into this area at the same time, but it turns out we won't be leaving at the same time. Sunday morning comes around next thing we know, Elder Cabasal gets a text from the Assistants to the President saying he's transferred. Which means he won't be my last companion! I wasn't super happy to hear this, cause Elder Cabasal and I got along great. We really worked hard to build this area and he won't be here to see the fruits of his labors. But I guess this is what God wants. 

I have found it interesting too, because he is now my 10th companion that I only had for 6 weeks. Am I that ugly? Haha I don't really know why God has set me up to have so many companions in my mission. I know it's for a reason though. Maybe He wants me to learn how to get along with all different types of companions. I have enjoyed my time with each and every one of them. So I guess I will now again! 

So now here I am, at the final chapter of my mission, and I couldn't be more happier to end it here in Cabugao Ilocos Sur. It may go slow or it may go fast, but whatever happens, I am grateful to have been able to serve here in the mission I was chosen to go to! I know that God has called me here specifically and there are people that I need to befriend and teach. It hasn't really hit me that I'm so close to coming home (it still feels forever away) so I'll give it my all. Hopefully this cycle we can see the fruits of Elder Cabasal and I's labors, so hopefully it's a good one! 

I know this work is true and I know this gospel can change lives. Jesus Christ's church is here on the earth today and I am a disciple of Him. That's all for this week's my beloved friends and family! Love you all! 

Elder Espiritu


Elder Young, Sister Hicks and I



Elder Maroket, Brother Jison and I 


My friend Justinne Corpuz


Sister Bernal, Elder Madsen, Sister Tesoro and I


My batch Elder Jenson


Sister Anderson, Sister Cobing and I



Last day working with Elder Cabasal 


No comments:

Post a Comment