Sunday, June 10, 2018

Rain or Shine

Hello to all my family and friends! How y'all doing? I hope you're all swell. As for me, I'm doing swell too. It was a good week this week with a couple of ups and downs, but that's what makes life life. We got a lot of great people here that we get to teach, and even though we have millions of flies in our house and a couple of things breaking, life is all good.

So when I say that we have a lot of flies you probably think our house is dirty. But that's not the case.... Okay well maybe part. We are cleaning it later cause the Sister training leader missionaries are checking it tomorrow. Anyways at the front of our house there is a mango tree, and for some reason the flies love it. So it's been bad on the inside. They're constantly landing on all of us. We tried buying fly paper, except it was really weak (except it managed to catch a couple along with a cricket and lizard) and now we have an electric fly swatter. So we're working on getting rid of them. Here's the blessing in this, I've grown to not be as grossed out by bugs as much, (unless it's a large cockroach flying at your face and crawling all over you which happened to me Saturday night) but hey, you adjust.

Now that I told you a random fact here's the highlights of this week. We were still able to find lots of people to teach. We decided to find farther down this road that we usually go to, and ended up finding a cool family, and then upon our return we had another woman come up to us who was taught by the missionaries (one of them was my 2nd district leader in my first cycle) in 2015. It's awesome to see who the missionaries have been to before. Along with them we had plenty of other people to teach, and a lot who I can see their interest.

This last Thursday I went on exchanges with Elder Durbin, an American from Syracuse Utah, and we had a blast. He's almost 10 months in the mission and sgoing strong. We had a good day and were able to teach the Salodez family again, which is my favorite due to how well they listen. It makes me feel like I'm really doing my job. 

We had high hopes for people coming to church this Sunday except for the last couple days it's been really rainy (we found out it was a small storm) so that's been kinda gloomy, (my gloominess was added to cause the washing machine also broke so I did my clothes by hand and they're still not all the way dry). So because of the rain a lot of the people aren't able to come to church. This was the case for us. Except we did have 2 come. 

These two were two girls that we found last Sunday while working with our branch mission leader. To be honest we saw them as we were passing by and were planning on just heading to our appointment, but our branch mission leader decided we should talk to them. So we did, and this last week we ended up having several discussions with them. When they came to church they had a lot of questions since they are Catholic and noticed a lot of differences. So this upcoming week we plan to keep building their faith and helping them understand. 

So even though days can be gloomy, and things can happen like bad rainy days, washing machines breaking, lots of flies, burning a hole the size of a baseball in your shirt, life still continues to have small blessings, such as waiting for a bus for an hour and the moment we decide to try to hitch hike a car passes by that has 2 members from Pasuquin branch (which is 2 hours away) so we get safely home. Also our blessings are the people we have come to love and continue to help grow. 

I only have a little more time to do this and after that I won't ever have this type of chance again. I'm really grateful to be assigned in this area and I know this is where the Lord wants me to be. We're ready for another exciting week and can't wait to update you! That's all for this week! Love you all! 

Elder Espiritu

**you can email Elder Espiritu at joseph.espiritu@myldsmail.net


We went exploring on a beach with members :D









No comments:

Post a Comment