Sunday, January 28, 2018

The Harvest is Great

As January ends, so does another week here in the mission. Now February approaches and Elder Ivie and I are having a blast here in Batac. The experiences we gain here are priceless. It may be extremely tiresome at times, but it's all worth it. 

So for all of you who are updated with last week, it did finally happen. The Ulit family was baptized! We were so happy to see all but one of the kids baptized last Saturday and confirmed as members. We were really happy with the result. 

They got to the chapel early, and everything went right on schedule. It was actually one of the most successful baptisms I've seen and definitely the most support I've seen at a baptism. 

Batac ward is surely a strong ward. The Ulit family will be quite a contribution to Batac ward. It's been great seeing their progression from not really interested to where they are now. Each one of them now has a personal testimony of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon and the church. I love them all and love that I still get to teach them!

Elder Ivie and I are very happy here especially since it's been 4 months since Batac's last baptism, but we know we still have to keep working, and that's what we're doing! We actually had a successful week, and we're very grateful for the members here. 

Something that we did this week which ended up being really successful was we planned a couple of family home evenings with some strong member families. What we did too is told them that they need to bring someone that is not yet a member. So that's exactly what we did, and we now have several new investigators in our teaching pool. We'll update you next week on how those end up!

As for some other things that happened this week, we had another exchange again. This week I went with Elder Gesta, our district leader. He's actually a really good teacher! He's assigned in Paoay. Funny thing, when he came over he had to interview the whole Ulit family. We got there at 5:45, and ended up leaving around 9 due to how long each interview took. It was worth it! 

We also did have another zone conference this week at Paoay, which went very well. What we talked about was the importance of a ward mission plan and the do's and don'ts and the importance of planning. It was good, edifying and such.

Now I want to say within the 8 weeks I've been here I've already come to love so many of the members. They are such a big help with the mission and with life in general. 

The De Leon family is always a big help along with the Domingo family. The members here have gotten us out of a few tight spots, but mainly with food. 

One night we planned to go to the De Leon family, but they weren't home. So we texted one of them who told us they were at Robinsons mall. Jokingly I told them to buy us a pizza. So that's exactly what they did! We're very grateful for that. 

Then yesterday night Elder Ivie  and I had no more food at the house so we were trying to figure out what to do, when suddenly Sister Burgos randomly texted us saying she had something to give us, which ended up being food! I love these people and am very thankful for their kindness.

As this month wraps up I would say it was great. Now February approaches and Elder Ivie and I will head to Laoag on Sunday night for MLC on Monday

Our zone is still rocking it and last week every single area in our entire zone had someone at church! I'm pretty impressed with all of them. Love the mission and love being a zone leader. I love my companion and I love Batac! That's all for this week! Love you all!

Elder Espiritu

**you can email Elder Espiritu at joseph.espiritu@myldsmail.net


Family home evening with the Domingo family



Batac zone


Trying to be as tall as Elder Johnson



Sister Cotrell, Sister Galvez, Elder Mortenson and I



Family home evening with the De Leon family, Ulit family and friends




Baptism of the Ulit family


No comments:

Post a Comment