Sunday, January 21, 2018

More Adventures With Elder Espiritu

Well January is almost over, and it feels like yesterday 2018 just started. Technically it still is fairly recent, but hey, time goes fast. So here I am, sitting at a computer shop in the Philippines writing about my week of January 16th to January 21st. There were a couple of things that happened this week. So here's what went down:

Tuesday we went to attend the San Nicolas District meeting  in San Nicolas. Elder Ivie trained, and it was a good training. Weirdest part of the District meeting: Elder Ivie and I were the oldest ones there. I guess I'm pretty old in the mission. 

There were lots of people that we were able to teach this week, all from different places. We did have another family home evening on Tuesday at the Bulatou family house. At first when we got there it was only 4 of us, but as soon as it started we had a pretty good amount of people show up, mostly less actives and investigators. So it was successful. 

Elder Ivie and I have been trying to set up lots of family home evenings, so we do have a couple more coming up this week. 

Something and Elder Ivie and I have been doing lately is really trying to work with the members and get referrals from them. We go to them a lot, teach them and set up lunches or family home evenings with their non member friends. So far it's starting to work out. 

On Friday we had another exchange, this time from the Elders in Banna. Fun fact that I've probably already said before: the town of Banna used to be the town of Espiritu. It's cool. So I went with Elder Alaelua this time, the smallest (height) and most quiet polynesian Elder I've met. Most of the Polynesians I've met are loud and proud, so it's weird meeting a quiet one. He's awesome and it was fun working with him.

Alright I do have some really good news: The whole Ulit family came to church this week! Okay technically 5/6 but we have yet to teach the one. We  were really happy again to see them, especially as a family. Also, if everything goes right, they will ALL be baptized this Saturday night! I've been working with them since the first week I came to batac, and I really love seeing how people progress. Hopefully all goes well and I can't wait for this Saturday!

We have a pretty busy week this upcoming week and lots to do. We have some interviews, family home evenings, a zone conference and a baptism. Life is still busy, and for those of you interested to know, being a zone leader is awesome and busy. 

I am very excited for this week and so grateful for the gospel. I know it has the power to change lives. Till next week, keep the faith!

Elder Espiritu

**You can email Elder Espiritu at joseph.espiritu@myldsmail.net


Family Home Evening at the Crismar house
 

Finishing up an exchange with Elder Alaelua
  

Me in a little ditch thing and a tree 
that looks like the one from the Lion King




These little girls wanted to play missionary



The Domingo family decided they want to take a random photo shoot so here it is









No comments:

Post a Comment