Thursday, September 15, 2016

Week 4 in the MTC

It never ceases to amaze me how many times I can feel ang Espiritu dito (the Spirit here). We go through the same motions every day, same schedule, same types of food, same study time, and it get's pretty repetitive. Pero it's okay-lang. Because every repetitive day is just teaching me to become a better misyonero. Every day you can have an opportunity to learn or see something new.


(Elder Christie and I)

Every Sunday we are able to watch a gospel related movie. Dito Linggo (this week) I watched Tatlo bago bahagi (3 new sections) from Meet the Mormons part 2. They were great and had a lot of good messages. The one that I enjoyed the most was a group from Japan by the name of Bless 4. Their music is amazing and dancing too. (I really wanted to look them up after pero I couldn't which made me sad :( That pamilya made me isip tunkol sa pamilya ko (think about my family) It's sobrung mahirap to leave your family. Pero in the movie, so did one of their brothers. He left so much behind to serve the Lord. That gave me so much hope. I am not the only one missing family or random worldy things. Alam ko po na sa pamamigitan ng Diyos ni Jesucristo, malalaman kung ano ginagawa po ako tama. (I know through God and Jesus Christ I will know what I am doing is right). God and Jesus Christ are always there to help you, and the Holy Ghost will testify that to you. 


(Elder Jensen and I)


(A little salsa and queso party in our room)

The mga misyonero and I  dito are extremely blessed dahil (because) we got to hear from Dalawad other apostles of ang Panginoon Jesucristo. Elder M. Russell Ballard came to speak to us this Linggo (Sunday) and I felt ang Espiritu as soon as he walked in the room. 


(Elder Cook and I)

On Martes (Tuesday) We got to listen to Elder Quentin L. Cook. Elder Ballard's message was very makapagyarihan (powerful) yet simple. He told us maraming (many) points which of the ones that hit me were the most started off una (first) with to Learn to Appreciate. We never realize how much we have until we don't have it anymore. Alam ko po na (I know that) I can be ungrateful and I am in for an awakening which I am so excited for. Pangalawa (2nd) What you need to focus on as a missionary is to focus on how people feel, not what they know. The feeling ang Espiritu Santo is mas makapagyarihan at mahalaga. (very powerful and important) Pangatlo (3rd) I always need to stay positive. Just smile every day. Stay spiritually minded. 



(Elder Odermott and I looking at a tiny little speck on the map that is known as the Philippines!)

I was able to give a talk in sacrament meeting in my zone tunkol sa (about) pagsunod (obedience). In sa talk I talked about how technically Laman and Lemuel did all that was asked. But what are they known for? How much they complained. I can relate that to a mission life. If I complain about kung paano marami rules (how many) there are I won't really be able to grow. Pagsunod (obedience) brings blessings.

Exact pagsunod brings mga himala (miracles). Pangapat (4th). I absolutely loved a point he brought up about having a good mission. Sometimes the people in your mission can be mahirap (hard). More specifically a kasama (companion). I will have times where my kasama and I do not get a long, or do not work together. Pero, he told us this. Don't let anyone ruin your mission. They could ruin theirs but don't let anyone ruin yours. It was mas makapagyarihan. 

No one should be able to keep you from having a good mission. It's your mission, and you can choose what to let in. I need to appreciate the mission more. 

Every day is another day to do the Lord's work. I need to remember that. Elder Ballard's talk was very powerful, and I will for certain remember it.

Elder Cook's talk was mainly about the Apat mga mahal (4 loves). Una, Love your companion. Even if they might be driving you crazy, love them. You just have to love them more. Pangalawa, love the people. Swerty po ako dahil (lucky for me because) I am blessed to already love the people of the Philippines. I may not know all of them yet, pero I know that they are all amazing people and I will love them even if they don't love me. Pangatlo, love your mission president. He loves you and already knows who I am. I will love him and I know he is ready for me to come in 2 weeks. I already love him. Pangapat, love the Lord. 

Think of everything He has done for you. He loves you even if you hate Him. He will always love you. So we must love Him. Isn't that what it's all about? We all want to follow Christ's halimbawa (example) and maging like siya (become like Him). 

Every day is another day to learn, and I learn so much every time. It feels like I've been here for months now which I find funny, but I continue to love it! I've been here for a month now! Isn't it crazy? In 2 weeks, I will be in a different country! I can't wait! I will always do my best to represent the Lord Jesus Christ! Have a good week everyone!

-Elder Espiritu

P.S. Letters/Dear Elders and Packages are still mas appreciated! (Very) So if you ever want to send any, don't hesitate! Also Pictures are a thing I really want out here, so if you still have any you want to develop and send me, do it! Salamat! 

============

While Elder Espiritu is in the MTC, you can write him using DearElder.com

DearElder prints emails and delivers them to the missionary Monday - Friday. On their site, choose "Write a Missionary" => "Provo MTC"

Elder Joseph Espiritu
Unit #219
Mission Code: PHI-LAOG
Estimated Departure Date: 9/28/16

==============



(This is what happens when you put an Ex MMA fighter, a tennis player, a ballroom dancer, and a baseball player together. Also something I would want to show my kids when I am old and fatter probably :P )

No comments:

Post a Comment