Thursday, September 1, 2016

Week 2 in the MTC

So I've decided that Martes (Tuesdays) are one of my absolute favorite days. We have this thing on those days that I just love. It is called Teaching Resource Center (TRC) where you are able to teach actual people who just volunteer to be a person you can teach. They don't act as an investigator, just themselves. I actually really look forward to teaching anyone in general now. I love the Spirit I feel when I do and it helps me improve in teaching and the language. We taught Dalawad (2) people today: a recent Returned Missionary named Tanner, and a S.O.A.R counselor (who actually was a counselor to my sister Aryn) named Jericho. They were both really nice, and we just taught them the first lesson. I wish I would've connected with them more though, dahil (because) it really helps teach better according to their needs.


So this whole week I didn't really get any letters or packages from anyone, and it really kind of made me sad. Finally though on the last couple days I got a big package from my pamilya and for some reasons I got all the letters on one day from them too that should've been sent a couple days ago. I could not have been more masaya when I got it. I decided to use this as a halimbawa (example). Sometimes you have to learn patience, and when you do, you will be rewarded greatly. It's pretty ironic that I did an attribute assessment and got the lowest score on patience. Diyos works in fun ways. :) 

One of the best things that you get to do here is be in choir. Currently the choir here is about 1500-1700 mga miysonero (missionaries) in the choir. To put that in comparison that would be equivalent to putting 5 Mormon Tabernacle Choirs together. Anyways something that really hit me was something the choir teacher said. He likes to include the ebanghelyo when we all practice, and this mensahe was profound. 

"Just the fact that you are a missionary, means you already are one in a million. You don't need to compare yourself to other missionaries. Because in this world, you are so unique. No one else is like you."


After choir we listened to one of the Presidency of the Seventy, Richard J. Maynes. What I loved is he told us "saving just one soul is worth the entire mission." It got me thinking. We reviewed the devotional as a district. It was such a spiritual experience. We talked about lots of things, but what hit me was this. It doesn't matter how many people I baptize. God put me here and then the Philippines specifically. Tao are spiritually prepared to hear my mensahe (message) that I get to bring them. I can't wait for when I get to them. 

That Martes I felt the Spirit so strongly, I almost wanted to cry dahil paano masaya naramdaman po ako.(because of how happy I felt.) mahal po ako ang joy that this ebanghelyo (gospel) brings me. 

I love the Spirit I feel here. I can already feel myself starting to lose myself in the work. Can't wait for what is to come! 

Hope you all can enjoy what I have to say! Salamat for all your mahal at support! (also, letters and packages are still very greatly appreciated) :)))

Love,
Elder Espiritu 





No comments:

Post a Comment