Thursday, September 8, 2016

Week 3 in the MTC

Best thing about making mistakes, is you have so much to learn from them. 


I began to teach two new investigators and I could not find the words to say. It just felt awful as I did it. My Kasama and I nakalimutan (forgot) to even bring in kami ng Aklat Ni Mormon, so we could't even offer it to Nelly. 

It's easy to get discouraged here. Yet I like to take it as an opportunity to grow. Natandaan po ako (I remember) something my brother or sister wrote in their Preach my Gospel in which they put "growth can hurt". I totally agree with that statement. It can hurt, but afterwards you really become a much better tao (person.)


Martes continues to be pabrito araw po ako (my favorite day) dahil (because) we got to nagturo (teach) more volunteers! The isang tao (first person) was a girl who served a mission sa Philippines, at (and) she is studying to be a nurse at UVU! We taught her ang Ebangheylo ni Jesucristo (Gospel of Jesus Christ) and I only had gamitin (to use) about 10% english! 


The second was a Japanese woman born in America who learned Tagalog (she basically was Filipino including Filipino humor :P) and was talaga fun siya! I connected with her dahil she loved to cook Filipino food so I talked tunkol sa (about) nanay ako (mom) and her cooking, so it was a good conversation! My kasama (companion) told about his conversion story to the Aklat ni Mormon, and it made her cry. There's a whole level of him that I haven't even seen yet, and when it comes out, there is a really strong spirit.


Our MTC was extremely privileged to have Elder D. Todd Christofferson and his wife speak to us, which was broadcasted to all the MTC's around the world. I got to sing in the choir which still has around 1500 mga misyonero. Maybe some of my friends at other MTC's saw me, and that is a cool thought! He talked about baptism unto repentance. It's an interesting subject pero I learned a lot from it. It was amazing to see an Apostle of the Lord come and talk to more servants of the Lord. 

So weirdest/coolest thing this week, My district and some others are officially the "older district!" We had a new batch of Filipino missionaries come in this Wednesday and now we are the older example! It was pretty fun to mess with them even though we don't even know that much more. What I do know about the language is that without the Lord, I would not be understanding anything at all. I am thankful for the Lord and super thankful for kaloob ng mga wika. (Gift of Tongues)


Every day I grow in so many ways. I love it more every day I get through. I am so happy in doing the Lord's work. I say this every time pero I talaga mahal siya dito (really love it here). My mga guro (teachers) are sobrung magaling (so awesome) at one of them ito linggo was one of my brother's best friends Brother Christensen! 


They are so helpful here and I will probably miss this place when I leave, even when it gets repetitive. 

Salamat para sa lahat support kayo (thank you for all your support) and please continue to send letters and packages! It would be really awesome to here from more people! Mahal Kita!

-Elder Espiritu


No comments:

Post a Comment