Sunday, May 13, 2018

More Changes to the End

First off I will start by saying Happy Mother's Day! I'm 100% sure I have the best mom in the world! Love you Mom! 

Secondly, this week was another hectic week. But just like that it's over. We've been running around everywhere and that was my last time doing that here in Ballesteros zone. Almost every day was eventful and memorable, even though it seems the same, interviews, meetings and baptisms all have different experiences every time we have one.

Like life always is for Elder Ballan and I we had a missionary coordination meeting with President Credo in Ballesteros, so that's where we went on Tuesday. Another great meeting went down and the Spirit was strong. Shortly after that we got to interview 2 awesome candidates for baptism from Ballesteros. They passed and we got to see 2 more amazing souls get ready for baptism. The next day we went to Abulug for another interview, and all went well. 

This last Thursday we needed our district leader (Elder Willougby from Canada) to go interview in our area for one of our investigators who is ready for baptism. Elder Willougby and I went to our area first to teach lots of people. We taught a variety of people such as several cousins in one setting, or a mom and her daughter in an area 20 minutes from where we usually go. But they're all worth it. The day ended and our investigator was qualified for baptism! All good things.

On Friday we got to wake up bright and early to make it on time to zone conference in Aparri. Like always zone conference was pretty good, and the thing I really liked was about revelation. We are all capable of receiving revelation, even if it's just thoughts or feelings that come to you. We can also improve our spiritual capacity and capability. That's one thing I really want to do. This zone conference was the 2nd to last zone conference President and Sister Andrada will have. The next one will be quite special.

Then we hit Saturday, where we first had interviews with President and Sister Andrada, and then we had a baptism later that day for our awesome investigator Sister Olive! She has legit been so awesome from when she started to now. I still love the fact that the Book of Mormon is her best friend. She's going to be an awesome member. I'm so blessed every time I get to see the change in peoples lives. Missionary work is so awesome.

The next day we got an unexpected/expected text that I am now being transferred. Am I surprised? No. To be honest I had a pretty strong feeling that I would but I was hoping I would just have my last area here. Guess that's not what the Lord wants. But that's okay, I'm excited! This 7th area will for sure be my last. 

My next area is Cabugao, in Vigan zone with Elder Cabasal, the farthest zone south in the mission. It'll be my last adventure! It's also sad to say goodbye to the members again. I always grow so fond of them, and then I have to leave them. That's just part of the mission life. They will be perfectly fine without me. They're all awesome. 

Time just seems to be going so fast, yet at the same time I still have a lot of things to do here in my mission. I still have so many opportunities that I can do in the time I have left. I know that this Gospel has the power to change lives no matter where they are in the world. Whether it's here in the Philippines, Africa, or America, the message changes the lives of everyone. 

Although I'm leaving again, I get to help another group of amazing people. That's all for this week, life's all good, and here we go! Love you all! 

Elder Espiritu


Baptism of Olive, Maricon and Diane


Last Sunday in Allacapan


I really do have horns  haha

No comments:

Post a Comment