Sunday, May 6, 2018

#Dontwork

Ha you thought I didn't work at all huh? Nah I did, just not with Elder Ballan. This whole week I didn't work with Elder Ballan even once hahahaha. Every day I worked with someone different. But that's fun right? Gives life a twist. 

Because we had P-day on Wednesday, this week legit flew by. How did we spend it? Well what's a good week without exchanges and splits? It could probably still be good, but you know, you get it.

One thing I love about splits is to see how different missionaries work, especially when they come from a different country. I got a fun opportunity to go with a new Elder from Tonga named Elder Vaea (pronounced VAI-AH). It was a fun experience. I always love going with newer missionaries, cause there's so much you can teach them and things you can learn from them too. 

They're always really humble and willing to learn. Since he's knew he struggled speaking the language during the exchange, but it was alright. He's getting it down. For 2 months he's doing alright. 

Hearing the background of the missionary is pretty cool. I learned a lot about the culture of Tonga from him such as food, the way they treat others and cultural dances. It's quite different but they sound like really cool people. This mission has showed me how different every culture is. 

The following day we had splits with the other Allacapan Elders so Elder Ballan could interview one of their candidates for baptism. So I took Elder Dollano with me to my area. He's always a fun Elder to work with, and has a knack for making people laugh. He's also really good at magic and at teaching doctrine. It's a good mix. He's well loved. The exchange went well, people fed us and we had another good time.

The next day because we didn't have much work this week we decided to go on splits. Elder Ballan went to a farther area while I took 2 members with me to a different far area. It was a little more difficult because a lot of people were busy, but we managed to find people to teach. We taught a couple of members and investigators too. Something that's always hard to balance is teaching investigators, less actives, recent converts and members equally. Especially here. There are lots of recent converts and a few less actives. We're still working on finding more investigators.

Sunday rolled around fast and Olive cam to church again which means.... she's getting baptized this Saturday! I'm so happy to see yet another soul change because of the gospel. 

One thing she told us that I would like to share is her best friend is the Book of Mormon. It really helps her out in life. We couldn't be happier seeing how much she's come to love the gospel.

I'm always grateful to witness or take part in the conversion of others to the gospel, but I know it's not me doing it. No matter how good of a teacher I am, I am nothing without the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost can reach them if they don't decide to act for themselves. But when they do, he carries the message unto their hearts, and it's up to them to accept it. It's great when people accept it. 

We still have more possible people who will accept it, like a certain girl that we used to teach last March, but we never found her house. Now after a month of not teaching her we found her, and even though she has no contact with any LDS member, she is still reading the Book of Mormon and is now in Mosiah. There are little miracles everywhere here and I love being part of it.

It's interesting to see how the one thing constant to me in my mission is change. Change in people. Change of areas. Change is good though, at least the things I'm witnessing. I hope I've changed for the better too. 

I know my testimony of the gospel is definitely changing and growing and I hope to keep growing it my whole life. Seeds are also being planted in the lives of others I've met and it's great to see them grow. Time does wonders and God is loving and great. 

I know this work is true, and I'm excited for this week with interviews and zone conference! That's all for this week! Until next time, Love you all! 

Elder Espiritu

**you can email Elder Espiritu at joseph.espiritu@myldsmail.net


Grabbing some mangoes off the tree 



Eating at Sister Rosalinas house with Olive and Zyrinne



No comments:

Post a Comment