Sunday, February 18, 2018

More Changes

As I live longer throughout the mission, I realize I always need to expect the unexpected. I keep moving forward and make the most of the mission! But hey, Happy Valentines Day, and fun fact: I have now technically finished a Sister's mission (18 months worth)! Life goes fast, as did this week. What would you say happened this week? Well I'll tell ya!

The first thing I want to share is a cool spiritual experience we had last Tuesday. We went to district meeting, and since it was Sister Taumoeupeau's last week, she gave the last training for the cycle. 

As part of the training, she had each missionary bear their testimony of the Book of Mormon. I can tell you the Spirit really filled the room as each missionary bore his/her testimony. It was awesome seeing each and everyone's individual experience with the Book of Mormon. And we all know it's true. It was an awesome district meeting!

As for some other fun things that happened...I went on a date for Valentines day! Just kidding, it was an exchange this time with Elder Young. 

Elder Young is an American from Mapleton Utah! He actually knows a couple of people I know there. He's around 10 months in the mission, but we're the same age (I'm older by a month). He decided to go to college first and play soccer. We had a really good exchange and taught a bunch of lessons. He's a good teacher and has a lot of potential. He's a fun district leader too and we relate to each other's life stories. He's a cool missionary!

So as some of you know, this week was transfer week. It's always filled with excitement and some anxiety as to who is going to transfer. Usually they send the transfer Saturday night or early Sunday morning. As we were waiting we all guessed who's transferring. For my part, my guess is almost right except for one that I wasn't expecting: Me. 

Around 9:10 Elder Morehu texted while we were at Sacrament meeting telling me I was being transferred. I was pretty shocked, especially since I've only been here for 2 cycles (3 months) I told the Bishop and bore my last testimony to say goodbye. It was a lot of hard goodbyes and unexpected. 

The rest of the day I went around to some of the families who have been very good to me to say goodbye, such as the Domingo family, the Carpio family, the Ulits, the Yapos, and the De Leons. Although hard, I gotta move on. I know the Lord wants me in a different place. 

4 Cycles left and I gotta make the most of it! 

For my next and possibly final area I will now be returning to Cagayan, to Ballesteros zone! I'll be assigned in Allacapan with Elder Nichols, another Elder from my batch! I have heard nothing but good about Allacapan. 

It's a great area, awesome members, maybe a nice apartment and yellow water (literally). I'm ready for a new adventure and there are souls out there for me to help! I know this church and this work is true, and can't wait again to see what's in store for me! 

Elder Espiritu

**you can email Elder Espiritu at joseph.espiritu@myldsmail.net


Ethel's birthday party




The Batac District



Exchanges at the Domingo family with Elder Young



The De Leon family and Elder Young


Dinner with the Carpio family


Teaching Marvin how to tie a tie 


The Ulit family


The De Leon family again

No comments:

Post a Comment