Sunday, February 11, 2018

Diseases and Small Blessings

Good Morning to all, (or for most of you on the other side good evening) and happy almost Valentines day! Maybe next year I won't spend it being single, but hey, that's a long ways away. I got my eye single to the glory of God. Even so, I'm working on it while having a disease in my lungs. 

Right after we had a P-day last Tuesday, Sister Andrada texted us saying I should get a check up at the hospital. She noticed I'd been coughing a lot so decided to have me get a check up. I didn't think much about it, but still did it. 

If you've been following along I did say that I was sick last week too. Anyways we went about our week, and worked as usual. On Friday I had to get a check up again, and turns out, I have community associated pneumonia. Wasn't really expecting that, but guess that's what I got! So they put me on antibiotics and now next week I'll see how it goes. 

I had to take it a little slower this week. The doctors really wanted me to just stay in these past couple of days and not work at all, but I can't do it. 1) I feel like my time would be wasted and 2) I would get bored. 

So I rested as much as I could and went out to work. We did go to 2 other district meetings again, in San Nicolas and Paoay. The zone's doing good. We had a couple of baptisms this last week and lots of people at church.

Speaking of people at church, we had an awesome number of people actually come! We spent a lot of Saturday going around inviting people to church and a lot of them did! We had a total of 7 come, and 4 of them were member referrals. 3 of them were investigators before which consists of a single mom and her 2 daughters. 3 other were also brought by a family from our area who we taught on Saturday and invited to come. 1 of them was our investigator close to being baptized, CJ. Even though we were never able to make it to CJ this week, he still came! If all goes well, he will be baptized by the end of this month!

We had a couple of trials this week but several small blessings. Another small blessing/miracle I had was last week while riding in a Tricycle, my planner fell out of my bag. I lost all hope in finding it and it had a lot of information in it. 

This last Sunday a member came up to me and handed me the same planner I lost a week ago! She told me the tricycle it fell in actually was the driver that would always take them to and from school, so he gave it to her! 

The members here are so awesome and friendly, even the non members. We have so many people feeding us (including Sister Rose yesterday for lunch, who fed us REAL BROWNIES) and several other people. Once again, the people here in the Philippines area awesome and I love them. 

We have a busy week this week with some places to go, district meetings, exchanges with a district leader and the Assistants to the President in Laoag, attending more planning things and a baptism of the Sisters in our area. Last week of the cycle, and it looks to be busy.  

Once again, I know this church is true, and I know God is watching over us here in Batac. I am also grateful for all the prayers coming from all of you! I didn't realize that people were praying for me, until one of the members told me she was. 

Prayers can be felt and God does answer prayers. I know the gospel has the power to change lives and God wants the best for everyone! That's all for this week! Love you all! 

Elder Espiritu

**you can email Elder Espiritu at joseph.espiritu@myldsmail.net


Some of our new investigators that went to church, Farrah and Icah (they're not twins)



Another investigator at church, Roma



My "pinsan" (cousin) Edgar Espiritu


Ayah and I were kinda matching 


No comments:

Post a Comment