Sunday, November 26, 2017

Thanksgiving and on to More Adventures!

First and foremost, I would like to say Happy Thanksgiving to all of you last Thursday! I did ask a bunch of people if they knew what Thanksgiving was, and sadly most people didn't. Oh well, they just love Christmas here and that's okay! 

I did enjoy this week. We had a lot of good events and fun things with some awesome news! I also decided I am going to structure this email in a more Thanksgiving-ish way. So I would like to say the things I am thankful for that happened this week. 

I am thankful for the opportunity to have been a district leader here in the Bantay district. It has taught me a lot about leadership, and I have gotten to know a lot of the missionaries in my district well. 

I went on another exchange with Elder Johnson this week and got to go work in a different area. We had a lot of fun, and it's always fun to work with different people. Exchanges as a district leader kept me busy. I enjoyed it.

Another thing I am thankful for are the opportunities to learn from conferences. This last Thursday we had our zone conference for this cycle, which is awesome. We were taught how to effectively plan, the importance of working with members, and Sister Andrada has now encouraged us to sing as part of the lessons. I actually wouldn't mind that, but it depends on my companion. 

We also were able to go to Stake Conference this last Sunday in Laoag. I enjoyed the talks and felt the Spirit really strong. As conference ended I was told by members of Laoag 5 (my 2nd area) that little 3 year old Riley (the daughter of the Bishop in Laoag 5) was searching for her boyfriend (me) ;) She did find me, and she was very happy. She's adorable. I am thankful for all the members I have met in each area.

I am now happy to report that I am thankful for another chance to be assigned to another area! We found out last Sunday that Elder Trinidad and I will now be transferred. I am excited! I had a lot of great experiences here in Vintar. It's always sad to say goodbye but I am excited for what life has in store! 

President Andrada called me last night to tell me he would like to extend another calling to me as a zone leader! I accepted and am ready for the call! I have so many things to be grateful for in my life, such as where I live, all my friends, the knowledge I've gained on the mission. 

I am very thankful for the opportunity to serve a mission here in the Philippines Laoag Mission and for all the blessings that come with it. I am thankful for the Gospel and the hope and peace it brings me. 

I am thankful for my Savior and the opportunity He has given me to improve myself and be free from my mistakes. 

Last of all I am thankful for my family and all the support they have given me! There's no way I could do all of this without them! I love them, and would never trade them for anything! 

Now we can officially move into the Christmas season (except here it started in September) and I'm off to another start! 

I will now be transferred to Batac zone with Elder Havens as my companion. He is actually my batch! Talk to you all next week! 

Elder Espiritu

**you can email Elder Espiritu at joseph.espiritu@myldsmail.net


How I have been washing clothes for the last 4 and a half months



Adventures with Elder Johnson 




Last picture with Karen 



Last picture with the Villanueva family


The gigantic Laoag zone (I think we are 37)


All my Polynesian homies 


Random selfie with the Sisters


 Sister Quinco and I (she told me she was told by her relative that I thanked her for the sundae she gave me 4 and a half months ago)


My 2nd companion in the mission Elder Andon who is now going home (when I was with him he still had a year left)


My friendly Sister Training leaders Sister Pestano and Sister Pangilinan


My buds Elder Johnson and Sister Latu


My new companion




No comments:

Post a Comment