Sunday, September 10, 2017

I am a Disciple of Jesus Christ

I am a disciple of Jesus Christ and I fear no man! If any of you have not yet heard about the Ricciardi letter, I recommend you read it. A previous missionary left it behind, and I am very glad. 

It is about a new missionary serving in England who gets a 25 year old Italian trainer who is quite connected with the Spirit and very bold. Long story short, I learned a lot from the letter, and one of my favorite things I read was how he always said "I fear no man" and whenever someone rejected him he would put a smile on his face. He wasn't afraid of anyone including his companion, and the reason he smiled when they told him they weren't interested or rude, is so he knew he was able to move on to the people who are "ready to be harvested". It really helped me with our work here in Vintar. 

As all of you know, the work here in Vintar is pretty slow. But to be honest, that fact didn't really bother me anymore (at least this week.) This week we actually had 2 new Elders added to Vintar, one from St. George Utah named Elder Bottema, and one from Pampanga Philippines named Elder Pacapac. That actually relieved us a lot since now we can focus on a couple of areas rather than worrying about all of Vintar. 

This week, we did a lot of finding, and going around finding a lot of less actives. We still had a couple of people that weren't interested, a couple who while we were walking over to their house would just shut the door or just wave us off, but it didn't phase me at all. I know they aren't personally rejecting me, and they just aren't ready, so we can move on to the ones that are ready. We found a lot of investigators with high potential. We also really worked on finding less actives too and getting them back to church.

Sadly the attendance at church last Sunday was only 31 again, which included the people from Laoag 3 and us 4 missionaries. It's discouraging sometimes, but I am not letting that phase me. I know we did our best this week in the work, and it's not our will, but the Lord's will. 

No matter how long it takes I just got to keep being patient. We actually did have an investigator come to church which was Kyle Brent Soriano, the 12 year old who has come before. Surprisingly he actually came earlier before than anyone, and we didn't even pick him up. He came before his sister who is a member. It really made me happy to see him and he's a great kid. Sadly he didn't stay the whole 3 hours but we are still working on him.

"Do your best, and the Lord will do the rest" was on of my favorite quotes that my first zone leader would always say and it's stuck with me up until now. This week I felt like we were really hard working, and even though there aren't any results yet, it doesn't phase me. I know that God has a plan, and people have their agency. I hope next week we can soften their hearts and get more to come, cause I'm not going to lie the attendance is really low. 

But we can do it. It’s also going to be a lot nicer with 4 Elders. I felt we did hard work, but there's always room for improvement. I pray for the best, and I pray for the people here. Let's just hope next week will be even better!

Elder Espiritu

**you can email Elder Espiritu at joseph.espiritu@myldsmail.net


The Laoag zone (plus some extra missionaries that are training)



Just me and the Ilocos Norte Capitol



Don't worry, I was never in any real danger





Don't be fooled, that picture only lasted about a 1/2 second



playing checkers with sticks and styrophoam (the kid without a shirt is our investigator Kyle Brent Soriano


No comments:

Post a Comment