Sunday, September 3, 2017

Another Cycle Down

Here goes to another cycle down in the Philippines Laoag Mission and to another week in Vintar (which I will be staying for at least another 6 weeks) which was filled with rain, nice and busy people and lots of walking (so pretty similar to most of the other weeks).

As for the news for this week, I got to give a district training again, which was pretty fun! Turns out only one of my district is transferring though! The rest of us will be together for another 6 weeks. Another good news: Our apartment will be becoming 4 Elders instead of only 2! I'm pretty glad about that! As for church, we sadly didn't have anyone come to church. We were expecting at least 2 to come for sure, but things happened. One of them had to go to his job on Sunday, and the others Grandma just recently died. We were pretty sad about that, because his grandma was really nice. She was on oxygen for awhile and it was hard for her to move, so I hope she's really happy in the other world and hope she accepts the gospel in her next life! 

The work this week was similar to the other weeks, lots of walking around and looking for people, people being too busy to listen or just not wanting to commit. We don't have too many progressing investigators yet. We do have people that we have been teaching that the lessons have gone really well and I felt the Spirit, but they just haven't come to church. It's a little disappointing to not see any progression, but I just have to keep being patient. 

I have grown to love the people here in Vintar, even though there's not too many that come to church, I am very impressed with the ones who continue to come to church despite the low attendance. They don't go to church for the social benefit. They do it because they know it's the true church. I love teaching and talking to the members here now (also it's great cause they feed us a lot). I love growing close to the members in each area and getting to know all of them. That's one of the blessings I am happy to be able to take part in. 

One of the blessings I got to be a part of though is that this last cycle we did have a baptism which was awesome, and I hope we can find some people that are ready for this next cycle. I know success isn't measured by baptisms so I know that if I am doing my best, then God is happy. 

I do feel times I fall short, but I know I'm not perfect. Though I know it won't be easy, I'm ready for another cycle here in Vintar. We aren't the only missionaries that have had slow progression, most of the past missionaries experienced that too, and I just know it's another opportunity for me to learn. Though I've adjusted to the area’s geography, I still have things I can learn. Vintar is one of the biggest areas in the mission (geographically speaking) so we can't go to everyone but that's okay. 

I know that Heavenly Father put me in this area for a reason, whether it's to strengthen my own self or the people around me (hopefully both) but I can do it. Elder Trinidad and I will just keep continuing to work and find! I know this work that I am doing in Vintar is true and the church is true. I have been reading from the teachings of Joseph Smith, and none of their lives were easy especially when the church was new. 

All the missionaries had a lot of trials which you would say are a lot more tough than mine, so I can deal with the ones here. I'm happy to work in the Lord's vineyard! Just do your best every day, and the Lord will do the rest! 

Elder Espiritu

**you can email Elder Espiritu at joseph.espiritu@myldsmail.net


Sometimes they wear my shoes


Chloe has become one of my favorites



Umbrellas are cool and quite useful




My district


3 districts of the Laoag zone


Got them dragon fruit blooming



No comments:

Post a Comment