Monday, December 19, 2016

Twas the Week Before Christmas

Very fun week! Lots of changes and lots of great things coming! Lots of busy days too. 

Tuesday we ended up staying in the Gonzaga chapel the whole day because we had interviews with President and Sister Andrada. They were great. President Andrada interviewed my zone separate and sister Andrada as a companionship. Sister Andrada definitely makes sure you are following every rule and guideline, which is good. If one line is out of place, she'll be sure to fix it.

Proselyting this week was a little more difficult for me. Our proselyting used to go from 8-12, study 1-4 or 5, then proselyte until 9 afterwards. It was the schedule I was used to, but now it was just barely changed to study 8-12, then proselyte until 9. This was pretty challenging for me just because all the hours were at once. I know it will take some getting used to but I know that this is what the Lord wants the missionaries to do. I know even though it is hard, I can do hard things through His help!

Though our teaching numbers this week were low, they were still powerful. I strive to push myself to use different vocabulary in my teachings, just so it doesn't sound as repetitive anymore. I think it is getting better, and I am really pushing myself to learn the language more. I found myself actually sort of being able to carry on a conversation with some people here, so I feel I am improving! I am grateful for the gift of tongues to help me on the way!

The weather here has been quite fun lately. It’s been nothing but gray clouds and rain, not much sun. I've gotten pretty used to it, but I never ever thought I would get cold here. Surprisingly I have. But it is mainly from how strong the wind can get here, mixed with being wet from the rain! Still way colder in Utah, but it was definitely a surprise to me. Since it rains so much here, the mud is pretty bad too. Got to learn to be more careful! I have to wash my clothes and shoes a lot more often at this time :P.

We had a branch Christmas party, which actually turned out to be pretty fun! It didn't really start off that way, just because it was supposed to start off at 4, which we were there then, but most people didn't show up until 6. But it became pretty fun! There were a lot of games which I wasn't too fond of, but they strived to get everyone involved and it was great! 

Everyone was laughing and smiling which made me happy. There were lots of performances by the members which were really fun to watch! I was a little sad just because I wanted to perform too, but that's alright, one day I will get back to get back to that! After we ate everyone just started socializing, and at first I played basketball, (which I am awful at) so then I went inside were there was music playing and just started dancing for fun. Some of the members asked to show me some ballroom, so I showed them how to Jive. 

They were pretty impressed and tried to mimmic, which made me happy that they appreciate it. Karaoke here is huge in the Philippines so they had a Karaoke machine which everyone participated, the good singers and the bad! The whole party was a success. We got some of our investigators to come and they had fun too! It was great to see everyone happy and laughing, which made me really happy. :)

I hope everyone is able to have a good Christmas and vacation this week! As of right now I am in Laoag with the whole mission, attending our party and conference! I hope you all remember what Christmas is all about too! Always remember that you can't have Christmas without Christ. Part of the Philippines Laoag Mission motto is "Christ is the Reason". Especially during Christmas, I hope that you spend time with your families and really do your best to serve everyone! 

Love you all! Have a great Christmas! 

Elder Espiritu


P.S. for all of those who know my brother Derek Espiritu, make sure to wish him a happy birthday this December 20th! He is been a great example to me and I love him very much! Be sure to show that you love him too! :)

**To email Elder Joseph Espiritu, send your message to: joseph.espiritu@myldsmail.net


Opening up Packages from Family :)




 Elder Daclag and I's attempt to be gwapo :P





Pictures from the Christmas Party



Just me and a Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment