Sunday, December 10, 2017

I'm Living a Busy Christmas Season

The life of a zone leader mixed with Christmas time can equal a really really busy life, or maybe that's just me. Nope I'm pretty sure all the other zone leaders in the mission are just as busy! But for me, busy is good. Busy makes the time fly by and to me it felt like this week flew! I had a lot of great things happen which I definitely won't forget. Especially "Light the World." 

We had a condensed P-day last Monday. Around 1 Pm we left Batac and headed back to Laoag. The whole day we practiced for a performance called "Light the World" which the Laoag stake was holding. As part of that all the missionaries of Laoag zone and the missionary leadership council (all the zone leaders and sister training leaders) got to participate in this event. We all sang! It definitely wasn't easy to prepare 4 different songs (one being a pretty complicated tagalog song "kumukutikutitap") but the experience was awesome. 

On Tuesday night we performed at Laoag plaza and I felt the Spirit. It was also awesome because I got to see lots of missionary friends (some that I haven't even seen for a year) and some members from Laoag and Vintar came to watch! I'll never forget that awesome experience. 

So Monday and Tuesday our days were taken up by that. Since we stayed so late in Laoag we ended up sleeping there until the next morning. We traveled back and had a district meeting. 

Every day last week we had some sort of place to go in the morning. On Thursday we had to go to a meeting with the STL to talk about a couple things. On Friday we had a meeting with the Stake President (which ended up being cancelled) and Saturday we had to go to a different area so Elder Havens could interview 2 investigators from our district (turns out he is also the district leader on top of being a zone leader). Because of all the places we went to, our work did suffer a bit. However, we still did have some great lessons taught and some success.

On Sunday, we were happy to see the Ulit family come again! I'm so glad they came. They have been progressing really well. The 2 girls have really been progressing, and are always reading the Book of Mormon, and always have good insights to share with us. The dad is still progressing but still doesn't understand a couple of things we taught. He loves the Bible and of course, so do we, but he does believe the Book of Mormon is true. We still have a couple of lessons to teach so we'll see how they progress! 

So my experience as a zone leader so far has been busy, but great. I actually enjoy the busy life because it gets the time going. We did officially find out the details of our upcoming Christmas conference will be this December 21st and 22nd. Turns out we will be doing a dance and a lip sync this year, so later today we'll be practicing that (I still have to figure out more choreography for the dance and lip sync). 

For anyone who actually does read this: Our P-day next week will be on Wednesday instead of Monday (I'm pretty sure that's set unless President says otherwise again) so we'll have a proselyting Period of 9 days until next P-day. It'll be fun, and we can get a lot of work ton! I know this work is true, and I know if I continue to do my part, the Lord will bless me and my Family! Love you all!

Elder Espiritu

**you can email Elder Espiritu at joseph.espiritu@myldsmail.net


Sister Hicks (our Sister training leader in our zone) and I


My cousin in law Elder Maroket and I 


Sister Naavales and Sister Fontinilla


Sister Morton and Sister Galvez


Elder Tauilili, Sha-Sha, and Elder Johnson


Sister Alatini and Sister Quinco


My fellow batch and Zone leader in Sta. Ana, Elder Seegmiller


Kevin (a member from Laoag) and I


My fellow Phil-am (except she legit looks like a Filipino unlike me) Sister Novilla and I



My fellow batch and batch before who are also assistants to the President, Elder Jenkins and Elder Holmes 


Sister Pestano (and sister Pangilinan)


My other fellow zone leader Elder Francia


Sister Ofualo and Sister Mariano



 Elder Havens and I under and arch


The Paoay chapel



No comments:

Post a Comment