Sunday, June 11, 2017

Can You Not Wait?

It's cool to see the effect of the gospel in people’s lives, no matter what age. It can also be cool to wake up at 4:20 and leave at 5 to go to a meeting, but all is well. Even though it started later than expected, all is well.

So fun little fact, I got to do my first baptismal interview as a District Leader for a little 9 year old named Claret. She is a part member who has 2 sisters that are already a member and one very active. As I was going through the interview I was quite impressed with what she knew and what she remembered. She wasn't too shy either and I know that if I was her age I would probably be pretty scared of an interview. But I found no reason to delay her baptism, and even though she still has a lot to learn, it's amazing to see what a 9 year old knows about the gospel! It's amazing. I know she will be happy!

So with our area, it was a pretty normal week, going to different houses and teaching the message of happiness to others, the work’s still going well. Still got some shy investigators (who I feel are getting shyer) got some really great ones who are still very young and got ones who ask lots of questions which I enjoy answering. It's great to see them all progressing and we're continuing to do our best to help them come unto Christ!

We also had an Family Home Evening on Saturday in our area which was quite enjoyable. Once we got to the FHE, I was randomly picked on to give the lesson. It was practically no time to prepare. So I decided to talk about decisions and how much they can affect. I got to tell the story of how my Mom and Dad met (sorry Mom and Dad I hope that was okay) as missionaries. Even though they had good lives and had things to do they were willing to put their life on hold for a little and if they didn't they never would have met and I wouldn't be where I am today. They all enjoyed the story, and it's cool to see what a difference you can make. 

There are even times you don't notice how much of a difference you are making. So know that every choice you make always has a consequence and can affect others!

Well your decisions can also affect yourself, which did to me when I woke up at 4:20 to get to another town for an area broadcast. We left at 5, waited until 5:45 and got there at 8. Even though it was supposed to start at 8:30, the broadcast didn't end up going until 10:30, but I don't regret being there early. That's how I was raised and I would rather always be early than be late! I enjoyed the broadcast though and I learned a lot from Elder Bednar, Elder Bowen, Elder Arderl, and Sister Oscarson and all of their talks. I know they have authority and that they are teaching the doctrine of the kingdom. Though I can't apply all the principles they taught yet (such as Elder Arderl's talk about marriage) I know they are here to help us out and we just need to listen, no matter how tired we are.

It reminds me of a talk I read in the Liahona the other day about when Jesus was performing the Atonement. He brought some of his Apostles and while performing the Atonement, came back 3 times and found his Apostles sleeping. He told his Apostles, ”Could you not wait one hour?". That really made me think. I'm not going to lie, sometimes I'm really tired during Church meetings and other things. But God asks just 3 hours of our time, and especially that 1 hour for Sacrament. So could we "not wait for 1 hour?". 

I hope that we can all strive to do our best to always listen to the council of our authorities and our parents and I hope that during church none of you fall asleep! I really need to get better at that one myself but I know if we always improve ourselves we can keep growing. Once again love you all and stay strong in the gospel! 

Elder Espiritu

**you can email Elder Espiritu at joseph.espiritu@myldsmail.net


Got them rice gainz (We decided to help a member move some sacks of rice)



Just hanging with some Diza siblings at a FHE



Went to Pasuquin found a sister missionary there (just kidding Sister Persia and I became good friends back when we were in Laoag)

No comments:

Post a Comment