Sunday, May 21, 2017

The Talkative, The Quiet and The Friendly

Well I'm not going to lie I would never expect the shy ones to actually be the ones that follow through with stepping out of their bubble, and it's also nice to meet people that are fast paced too. Along with that, I personally think asking questions makes life more fun. But then again it is possible to find people that might possibly progress faster than others.

Alright so fun/weird fact of the week, every day at 4 I just lost all energy and desire to work. But don't worry, I pushed through every time. Just a random fact for you to know, and let me know if any of you can relate. That has nothing really to do with this next paragraph. :P

So this last Tuesday, I went on another exchange with Elder Langeveld. It was a little slower at first but it got better as we went. I helped him teach a lot of lessons and extend an invitation of baptism to a lot of the people he was teaching. We managed to extend a good amount. 

The last thing we did was teach the Mendoza family, in which the sister studied in Norway before and had lots of questions. To me I really enjoy when they ask questions because it means I know they are searching for the truth and actively listening. This similar experience happened with one of our investigators Roel Mendoza, who was a member of the Iglesia ni Cristo before but became a member of the Born Again church due to his wife. 

He asked several interesting questions to try to see how our church was different and was really surprised to hear we had another book. He also asked about tithing, where our main church or headquarters is, what our social media is and such. He was really grateful for us teaching him and hopefully he will be able to know the truth. We invited him to read and pray and to attend church. He wasn't able to attend church but I hope we will be able to help him progress. He is really smart and fun to talk to. 

I talked to some really talkative people this week, but of course you can't have one without the other and you got the ones who don't really talk at all. That accounts for 4 people that we are teaching. 2 of them are sisters, and 2 are also related to each other. So theres Maryann (23) Emma Joy (12), Rachelle (13), and Rosemary (11). All pretty quiet, and it takes a lot to get them to say anything. To my surprise, those 4 quiet ones where actually the ones who followed through the commitment and came to church. I was very happy to see them come, especially since we haven't had many investigators at sacrament meeting. 

Later that Sunday we went to Maryann and Emma Joy (fun fact we were very happy because before we knocked on the door we could hear Emma Joy reading the pamphlet we gave her out loud!) and extended an invitation to be baptized. We gave them 2 options for a date, either June 24th or June 17th as a possibility. To my surprise they wanted the 17th! Hopefully they will still follow through but we shall see! 

With Rosemary and Rachelle, it's still a work in progress. But there was 1 surprise new investigator of ours that I never met until I saw her at church. Her name was Diza, who is a cousin of some members that are on and off in attendance. She was helping lead one of the members here Christian, who is mostly blind. 

She let us come over and we taught the Restoration to her and her brother. We asked her her thoughts about the lesson and asked if they believed it's true. They both said yes and extended a baptismal date, and want us to come over more often to teach. I have a feeling they could progress fast due to living in a house with all members to help them out. I think it's going well.

This week was a reminder to me about how different people can be. You can have the quieter ones, the fun and talkative, the fun truth-seekers and many more. But even though there are different people we can all still have an interest in knowing the truth, which is the truth of the gospel. 

Elder Yranon and I are doing our best to help all others to come unto Christ, whether quiet or loud! So there you have it, that's my week for you all, hope you all enjoyed it and loving life! We are doing are best to help all types of people here and I hope we can continue to find people who are ready to accept the gospel!

Elder Espiritu

**you can email Elder Espiritu at joseph.espiritu@myldsmail.net


Doing some community service at a local high school



Family home evening at the Ramos Family




Partying it up with the Salamero and Cabal family (Diza is on the end and Christian is the one next to her) 




Doing service earlier this morning (you can't really tell but I was covered head to toe in dirt and my shirt turned brown :P )


No comments:

Post a Comment