Monday, February 6, 2017

From One Life to the Next

This probably felt like one of the fastest weeks for me! I enjoyed all that happened and like always, I really enjoy this mission.

On Tuesday we traveled again to Appari to listen to a worldwide mission broadcast (which was delayed for us :P) It taught us about not rushing baptism and focusing on how the investigators feel. At the end they announced the new schedule, which has all the same components, but we now have the ability to use our agency to choose when we want things to be done. Our mission has already started doing that and I enjoy it! We can go to sleep at 9:30 if we want! But we still need to wake up at 6:30, which is alright, just one of my challenges!

So, because I was trained in Sta. Teresita and this is was my 3rd cycle here, Elder Mortenson and I knew we were going to be transferred. We knew it wasn't for sure but knew it probably would happen. So throughout the week we were gradually telling people goodbye, even though we weren't sure. I didn't want to say goodbye. I love this area so much. I have become friends with so many of the members and it is fun to see how many more people have come to church now. My first cycle our sacrament attendance wasn't high. Now these last couple of weeks, almost every row has had at least a couple people in it! I am so happy to see how many people are coming back, or how many people are investigating. 

Every day this week I loved, and the more I didn't want to leave this area. I was hoping I wouldn't. I felt like now this was my home. On Saturday, I had the wonderful opportunity to baptize my good friend here in Sta. Teresita, Katrina Mae Crisostomo Mallari (Kat Kat). I am so happy to see her baptized the last Saturday in Sta. Teresita. We got her family to come too, even though they aren't members. I hope they felt the power of the Holy Ghost at her baptism. When she bore her testimony, I could feel the Spirit so strong. I am happy she is now a member and I really hope she continues to stay strong after I leave.

That night, the text came. I am being transferred. I am excited to move on to a new area and life, but I didn't want to leave all these people here. Luckily that Sunday was fast Sunday, and I got to hear a lot of my good friends’ testimonies. Kat Kat again bore her testimony, and it made a lot of people cry. The Spirit was strong that meeting. After church ended, Elder Mortenson and I (he is being transferred too by the way) had so many people coming up to us and saying goodbye, and that we should return to this area. A lot of the Nanays gave us letters as remembrances. I took pictures with a couple of people and said my goodbyes to everyone. A couple of people told me Kate (a 16 year old member) and Kat Kat cried because I was leaving.

Later that day Kat Kat cried again, and afterward she told me she didn't want to accept the fact that I was leaving, and I was like the big brother she never had. I have definitely grown attached to this place. I am grateful for being able to serve in the Sta. Teresita area, and I will definitely miss it. 

It's hard to grow to love something, but I know I must move on to new things. This is what the Lord wants. I have done my job here and it's time to help others find the light of Christ. Maybe one day I will see the people of this area again. I know they will still do well once I am gone! 

Now I'm being transferred to Laoag, and I know it's going to be a change! I am going from the farthest area which is rural to the capitol and city life! Elder Andon's first area is where I am going and he says it's a very good area. I still am sad, but now I move on from one life to the next! Can't wait to see how life is there! 

Elder Espiritu

**You can email Elder Espiritu at joseph.espiritu@myldsmail.net


Elder Andon and I decided to match!


Kat Kat's 2 younger siblings Norvin and Brian




Kat Kat and some of her family at Kat Kat's baptism



Nanay Calabiou, Lola Calabiou, Tatay Milanez and some friends of Vincent (Nanay Calabiou's daughter is currently serving in the Utah Orem mission!)


Last selfie with the YSA of Sta. Teresita


Angel and Kat Kat both made me a parting gift ^.^


One last picture with some of the Mallari family 






No comments:

Post a Comment