Monday, November 14, 2016

Our Actions and Their Effects on Others

You never really can notice whose lives you are affecting by your actions. I am really bad and unmotivated when it comes to any type of studying. Which is really bad, considering 4 hours of my day is dedicated to it. I never really have motivation to do it. A lot of the time I watch to see what others are doing. 

I would always check to see what my companion Elder Daclag would do and a lot of the time he wouldn't study either. So there are many days where I didn't really study. Eventually I ended up talking to Elder Daclag about it. 

Turns out, there are a lot of things we have in common. He was used to his companions always studying so he looked to see what they would do. So when it came my turn, he always waited for me to study first. But that's exactly what I did with him. After realizing that, I promised him that next cycle I will do better. So by next email I will say if I am doing better! That's one thing I need to work on is motivation by myself.

The Spirit can put me in such a great mood for such a long time. We went to have another typical lesson to our recent convert Sister Janeth, and Elder Daclag decided to talk about trials. Trials are actually my favorite lesson to talk about. I know everyone has different trials in their life, and I have had my share of mine for sure. But I know that God puts trials in our lives to make us stronger. I also know the Atonement of Jesus Christ is real. 

So I testified to her in the best Tagalog I could about trials. Now I know she knows that this gospel really can help us through trials. I don't know if it was me or something Elder Daclag said (probably just the Spirit) but she started crying. I noticed, and I felt the Spirit so strong. It filled the air and it almost made me want to cry. It put me in such a good mood for the rest of the day, and it helped my teaching to other investigators too. 

This gospel has helped my life so much. I know it is true. I notice how much it can affect others lives too. 

When I first met Brother Anton, one of the recent converts here, he was always so quiet and reserved. Now, whenever we teach him, he always looks so happy to see us. He gives us a warm welcome every time and always has a question about his reading in the book of Mormon. He is always smiling now. He has a glow to him. 

I love seeing how much the gospel can change peoples lives. It makes me so sad, this last Saturday I learned he is moving to a different area that is part of the Cauayan mission. I didn't realize how attached and how much people can mean to you in 6 weeks. I hope that he finds good other missionaries that can keep teaching him. He is capable of blessing lives.

Every single person is capable of blessing lives. I know this is true. Sometimes you just have to open your mouth! That's still something I am working on, but it's getting better! 

By next week, it will be the next cycle! My batch won't be the newest missionaries anymore! Lots can change! Until then, let's see what good things the future has in store! 

-Elder Espiritu 




Elder Fainu and I in Gonzaga when we made a picture collage for a members house



Elder Daclag and I in Sta. Ana


Elder Eusebo, Elder Ossula, Elder Lewis, Elder Mortenson and I in Sta. Ana at Country Inn








Ashley and Syrylle, two  little girls in my Branch 


In the background you can see my apartment (green) the LDS church and then the Iglesia Ni Cristo, a very common and popular church here with an interesting background.



If ye love me, feed my sheep. (Guess it liked my ear)



An investigator (Raja), her friend (front) and a member Chexy


Lots of fellowshippers who help us out in missionary work





1 comment: